Friday, September 30, 2005

Beginnings.....

You may have got here because you've seen our other website. Well, the reason for this blog isn't that I have a desire to use every means possible to post this journal, but rather it's almost the opposite. The real truth is that I'm nowhere near technically inclined enough to figure out how to post multiple journal dates on the web site, but on a blog, it's pretty much a no brainer. I should probably have reserved that comment until I know for sure whether or not this will work, but for now the plan is that we will post our daily journals and photo's on this blog each day that we're away, and a few updates before then, so check in regularly.

Here's the latest: The paper chase is done, the home study is done, dossier is logged in at the CCAA in China and I'm really, really sick of waiting. Whoever said patience is a virtue needs a smack. I've heard everything from "the wait will be soooo worth it" to "it's just how long most people have to wait when they find out they are pregnant" to "the time will seem like it just flew by". I smile and nod take another sip of the 12th coffee of the day (get off my back about the coffee - I already quit smoking) and keep my foot from involuntarily kicking them in the shins. Don't get me wrong - I love my friends and family and I thank God daily that they are sooo helpful and supportive - I'm just really, really ready for my little girl to come home.

Anyway, I follow the Yahoo groups discussion board for Family Outreach International (our facilitator) and for Canadians Adopting From China, and there's always discussion about who has what log in date and who is getting referrals at the beginning of each month. Well, we have a log in date of May 31/05 and at the rate things are going, it looks like we will get our referral around the beginning of January and travel mid to late February. If a small miracle happens, and China gets caught up enough to work on a calendar month, there's a chance we may get a December referral and travel in Jan, but I sure don't want to get my hopes up for that. Please think good thoughts for us and keep your fingers crossed.

1 Comments:

Blogger The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Hi,

I just started a blog myself and tried to view others and there you are - go figure we have chosen the same name for our little angels in China :-)

What part of the process are you in? Our file is in China now and we are hoping to travel in May/June
Congratualitons,
Debbie & Kirk

10/21/2005 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Site Counter