Sunday, August 20, 2006

Two Months Ago...

Two months and two days ago, we slept for 8 consecutive hours, we got up when we felt like it, we had a relatively tidy house, we never tripped on toys, we didn't smell like formula and baby powder, my shirts were mostly clean all day long, the dog didn't live in fear of her tail getting run over, the washing machine ran only once every other day, and to open a cupboard all we had to do was pull. That was just over two months ago, but I swear it was in a different lifetime because I can't believe this beautiful baby girl hasn't been with us forever. While a tidy house was nice and getting enough sleep was good, I wouldn't change a thing. I know every parent must feel it, but I'm amazed at the love I have for Olivia. I knew I would like her and all, but this is something else. I was actually a little shocked to realize that it's only been two months that she's been with us. She just feels like such a natural and easy part of our family. Her adjustment has been amazing and she is bonding so well and so appropriately to us. She's been camping and boating - loves them both, but really loves to wake up and hang out with us in the morning in our kingsized bed at home with Emma. She is happy almost always, loves to be held, but is happy to play on her own for short periods also. We have yet to find a food she doesn't like. She really doesn't like baby food, but loves whatever we're having so that's what she gets, asparagus and all. Life is so busy and the days are just flying by. I've come the the conclusion that nothing speeds up the passage of time faster than the arrival of a child...and still I wouldn't change a thing. Sleep and dishes can wait.



 Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Our Journey to Jenna Maria said...

My sentiments exactly. We've been home with Jenna for a little over a month and a half and I can't imagine my life before her. Everyday is pretty much routine but I look forward to it everday and I even miss her when she sleeps.

It doesn't get any better than this now does it?

Enjoy!

Gigi & Jenna

8/21/2006 7:31 AM  
Blogger Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Olivia is beautiful. We're approaching one year since our log in. Can't wait until we're in your shoes!

8/21/2006 10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Val & Ron this is so inspiring!! We are in for the long wait with a LID July 5th 06. We were on Pender island the same time as you, I just would of loved to bump into you guys. Your blog really keeps me going and I just loved following your journey in China. Olivia just looks so happy and loved. Congratulations to a very happy time together. Julie from Parksville!

8/21/2006 2:48 PM  
Blogger RoLo said...

Wow 2 months already. So happy to hear that life is wonderful and that she is both a camper and a sailor:) She looks so cute in the photo with Emma posing behind her:)

8/22/2006 4:25 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Love the photos!! She is too cute and I second Julie from Parksville - reading your blog has given me hope!! The wait is definitly worth having a beautiful daughter in your life!!

8/23/2006 7:43 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Oh my!! Olivia is sooo beautiful!!!!

So happy I checked in today to see how you were doing!!

8/26/2006 10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Site Counter