Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What if she's a boy??


Oddly enough, a few people have asked us that question lately - What if we get referred a boy? I can only answer this: If the referral stork brings us a boy, we'll love him, call him Jack, and he'll be wearing girls clothes until he's 5!! (with many thanks to Angela and Janie for their very generous gifts of the lovely clothes that their girls have grown out of). Seriously though, more than 95% of the referrals from the CCAA are girls and as I understand it, what few boys are referred usually go to families that: a) have specifically requested a boy, or b) to families that specified no gender preference.

On another note, you'll all be happy to know that the daffodills made a miraculous recovery following our 1 inch snowstorm and are now doing just fine. Whew...like that's all I've been thinking about lately.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Val,

If I had a $1 for every (inflation, not a penny anymore) time I was asked, "What if you get a boy!!" I said the same as you, we will love him, not sure what we would call him and he would look great in girls clothes for a year anyway!! Poor kid.

Cindy Leger

3/15/2006 4:09 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Also, if you did get referred a boy, you could always save the girls clothes and go for another child in a couple of years. :-)

3/15/2006 1:13 PM  
Blogger Our Journey to Jenna Maria said...

I said that once to a friend of mine who has known about our adoption for quite some time and just assumed (as I have obviously) that we will be getting a girl(s), and she was a bit confused with the boy thing as well. I told her that I hope he won't grow up with too much of a complex having the name Jenna Maria and wearing pink for a few years!

Gigi Mills

3/17/2006 4:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

By the way, I like the name Jack for a boy. May have to put that on our list for child number two one day.

3/20/2006 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack...."JUST JACK" I love it! Jack Oliver Thom....hmmm it has a ring to it. We look forward to the arrival of Olivia, or Jack in the near future. Where the heck is that referral?? Can't wait to see what your little peanut looks like!

3/21/2006 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Site Counter