Thursday, December 08, 2005

Processing Update



The past few weeks have kinda sucked - I've been home sick with a chest cold, then the flu and now have a mild case of shingles (which is really just a dormant chicken pock gone crazy). So I've spent lots of time on line, checking out lots of China Adoption journals, and getting all caught up on life in the adoption world. Now Ron has the cold and we're both lousy company - poor Emma has to listen to us both and just wants a pair of socks to carry around.

The good news today is that the CCAA has issued it's referrals for this month. The not so good news is that they issued referrals only for dossiers with log in dates of April 1-14/05. Our Log In Date is May 31/05. If they are only processing 14 days worth of Log In Dates each month right now, we may have to wait until March or possibly even April before we get referral, and travel 6-8 weeks later. I'm trying really hard not to be bummed out about the delays, and trying to enjoy this quiet time and get lots of other stuff done, but waiting really sucks!!

Since I don't have our referral baby picture to show you, I thought I'd show you one of Emma's baby pictures just because she's soooo darn cute! In fact, you could call this Emma's referral photo since it's the first picture I ever had of her.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She's so cute! What's with her ear? She's going to be Olivia's bestest friend......we hope. :-)

12/10/2005 10:40 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Nice blog! I love these pictures of Emma--she's adorable! We have 2 goldens and I love them. We're right with you for the wait as we are LID 5/17. The wait would be unbearable without the puppies wouldn't it? I hope you're feeling better and that you have a Happy New Year. By this time next year hopefully we'll be up to our eyeballs in all things baby. :)

12/29/2005 10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Val - I just came across your site, it's fantastic. I've been thinking about putting one together and you have inspired me. Nonsense about you not being artistic!! Our LID was May 24/05, we JUST made the cut this time. I feel your frustration, but you are so very nearly there. We live in North Van and travel to the island often. Would love to meet up with you sometime, with our golden doodle, Buster and our peanut, Jin Hong Juan when she arrives! Keep the faith, your jewel is in the making :)

3/14/2006 9:05 AM  
Blogger Val, Ron and Miss Olivia said...

Dear Anonymous person from N. Van who left the comment date March 14/06,

How could we ever meet if you remain anonymous? My sister and her family are in North Van also so I'm also in your neighbourhood sometimes. Would love to see pics of your new one - do you have a web site or blog yet. Let me know how we can connect if you see this message.
Val

3/14/2006 9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Site Counter