Friday, March 24, 2006

Eating crow....

I NEVER should have said we were "next". It's like saying a goalie will get a shutout before the game is over, or talking about how great a recipe is before you've tasted it. You guessed it...we missed the cut off again this month. It's almost impossible to believe, but this month they are issuing referrals for Log In Dates of May 26-30th only. That's 3, yes 3 business days. Our LID is May 31. Last month, it was dissappointing not to get a referral with the rest of our origional travel group, but this month I really wasn't prepared for it. Soooo, I've spent the last 2 days blubbering and feeling sorry for myself and driving my husband crazy. Now that I've got that out of my system (mostly), I've resigned myself to the fact that we will wait patiently for another month to see a picture of, and hear about our daughter. I don't know if it makes any sense to people who haven't been down the road of adoption, or maybe it does, but I never in a million years, could have imagined how emotionally invested a person could get in a little human being they've never even met....and how hard it is to be kept from them.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG Val,

Are you sure that will be the cut-off? I did hear that, but is it 1000000% sure? If so you have every right to blubber and scream and do whatever you need to do. I have been checking to see if you had any updates, but man this sucks big time!!!!! It will happen, but like you said all the emotions you have to go through to get to that point. Let me tell you, this is WAY harder than labour!!!!!!!!!

Hugs going your way and vent all you want.

Cindy
xoxo

3/25/2006 4:33 AM  
Blogger Our Journey to Jenna Maria said...

Val,

I, too, feel your pain. This was the worst possible news I could have gotten and I have also been a blubbering idiot the last couple of days. I guess, if anything else, we can definitely say that we're next...how can we not be!!!!

Sharing your tears,

Gigi

3/25/2006 6:23 AM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

I've been following your blog for the last couple of days since you are a fellow BC'er!!! I bookmarked your blog after stumbling upon it.

So sorry to hear your sad news!! I was feeling sooo bad for those May 31 people!! Like how hard would it have been to do 1 more day???!!!

(((HUGS))) I hope this month goes really really fast for you!!

Dawn (DTC on Monday with Sunrise!!!)

3/26/2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Val I am just so sorry for you that you missed the cut-off. I would be a complete and utter mess too and really really send you hugs and best wishes. Olivia is going to be yours, but I know this emotional roller coaster is really hard to deal with.

Take care, and call any time.
Shannon

3/26/2006 5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We got our letter today about the delays in referrals from FOI. I really hope and pray that you are in the next batch and that things speed up. This wait is getting very hard.

3/26/2006 7:15 PM  
Blogger Catherine said...

I feel so badly for you!!!

Praying for you and (((hugs))) from Ontario.

3/27/2006 4:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sad for you.I too have been crying about these delays. We are LID 10/27 and will have a very long wait probably about 14 months from start to finish. So be glad you ARE next as the rest of us are looking at possible 6 days of processing for many more months to come.

3/27/2006 3:17 PM  
Blogger Ava's family said...

I'm so sorry.
Lisa
DTC 2/10 for Ava

3/27/2006 4:59 PM  
Blogger Janelle said...

i just found your blog...came from Dana's...so sorry about the cutoff...i can totally imagine how you become so invested...why you say? well, i myself am adopted. i was adopted by an amazing family when i was 9 days old...adoption is the most amazing gift you can give a child. i thank you so much for choosing to adopt a baby, and such a special one at that! i know Olivia will be so incredibly lucky - she already has the most beautiful room i have ever, ever seen. i will keep checking back, and i will keep you in my prayers.

3/30/2006 3:05 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Hi again Val!

I was wondering if it was ok to add your blog to my sidebar?? I come check it out all the time!

Hope you get some great news very soon!!!

Dawn

4/04/2006 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Site Counter