Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Baby brain stikes...

I've heard of it, I've seen it in others, I've made fun of it, and I've accused people of having it, I've seen it turn perfectly reasonable people into babbling idiots, but I sure never thought I'd get it. It's baby brain. It's when you're so pre-occupied with the newness of a baby or child that you suddenly can't speak in complete sentences, you forget where you're going as soon as you get in the car, you have no idea how you got to where you're going once you get there, you forget what you were saying in the middle of a sentence, you lose your ability to remember anything important and you function like a 6 year old. AND SHE'S NOT EVEN HERE YET!!! I have sooo much work to do before she's home, both personal and professional, but needless to say, it's really tough to stay focused on other things. Someone should take her pictures away from me so I can stare at something else for a while. NOT! Big sigh......

So what's next? We have crossed the t's and dotted the i's and now we apply for a China travel visa and wait for our facilitator, Family Outreach International, to set up all the legal appointments for us in China. Once they are established, then we book our flights into China and they look after all the "In China" travel and accommodations, etc. It looks like we may be leaving around the middle of June and will stay for 2 weeks to complete everything. While we are there, we will also have a chance to do some touring between official appointments. Waiting 5 weeks seems like such a long time, but we've come this far and waited this long so I'm sure we can last just a little longer.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, traveling in June it seems so far yet so close. I am so excited for you:) You are perfectly within reason to have "baby brain" hehehehe

5/10/2006 4:55 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Wow, June is so close and we are just so excited for you. One good thing about baby brain, at least you have something to blame things on, and everyone who has been through it understands.

PS. My baby brain phase started when we got Deanna's picture and I'm still hoping for it to clear up any day now.

5/10/2006 7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Site Counter