Saturday, June 17, 2006

Happy Birthday to Ronnie!!




It seems that I can post to the blog, but I can't read it so I hope these posts and photos are making it on ok. Today is Ron's birthday and we celebrated by venturing out on our own in a taxi to the Silk Market, which is a HUGE shopping market where you can buy anything your heart dreams up. Ron is thrilled with his purchase of new Bushnell binoculars and he thinks he can now see Olivia's orphanage in Hunan from our hotel window in Beijing! We are meeting up with our guide and the other family that is here now to go to dinner and tour a Hutong which I'm really excited about, but I'm more excited about the fact that 48 hours from now, Olivia will be in my arms. Here are a few photo's from today, I hope they post. The red sign is posted in the Silk Market and is intended as a code of conduct for the merchants about how they should and shouldn't talk to customers - pretty funny!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you Happy Birthday to you Ron we are sure this is going to be a memorable birthday.

Enjoy your meeting with the other family.

Cant wait to read more:)

6/17/2006 9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Val & Ron (and soon to be Olivia) - We both look on the Blog all day checking in with your latest. You have waited for this moment and it has finally come. What a birthday and Father's Day gift. Val did you remember to get Ron a Father's Day gift from Olivia? Donna and Mel

6/17/2006 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Val,

Everything is coming through fine, journals and pictures. Whatever you are doing, you are doing right!

6/17/2006 5:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn and Dale said...

Hi guys!!!

Ohhhh I'm so excited for you!! I cried when I read how excited you were to be just a few hundred miles from Olivia and under the same bright stars!!

Soooo soon is your big moment!!!

6/17/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Site Counter